Participants granted access to remote proceedings are reminded of the general prohibition against photographing, recording, or rebroadcasting of federal court proceedings (including those held by telephone or videoconference). Recording of a federal court proceeding held by video or teleconference is strictly prohibited. Violation of these rules may result in the denial of entry to future hearings or any other sanction deemed necessary by the court.
Parties represented by counsel should contact their attorney to inquire if they need to appear by video at the hearing and, if so, for instructions on how to appear.
Parties who are not represented by an attorney and who are unable to attend a hearing by video may contact the Court to make alternative accommodations to attend the hearing. Requests to attend by means other than video may be made either by email to VAWBml_Connelly_Scheduling@vawb.uscourts.gov or by calling (540) 434-6747, and must be received at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled hearing date.
Zoom Account and Software
- Participants may attend a Zoom hearing from a computer via a browser at https://zoomgov.com. Select “Join a Meeting” and enter the Meeting ID. If you have the URL for a specific hearing, you may click on the link (or copy and paste it into your browser) and follow the on-screen instructions. Participants do not need to register prior to the hearing to attend the hearing.
- If you do not have the Meeting ID number for a particular hearing date, please contact Judge Connelly’s Courtroom Deputies by email at VAWBml_Connelly_Scheduling@vawb.uscourts.gov . In the email, please include the case number, your role in the case, and whether you will participate in the hearing or will only be observing.
- If you do not already have a Zoom account, you may set one up at https://zoom.us. Participants do not need to set up a Zoom account; however, setting up an account facilitates using the system for those who will frequently appear before the Court through Zoom. A paid Zoom account is not necessary for any interaction with the Court. Participants should use their real names as their usernames during the hearings for easy identification of the parties.
- For details and help on how to join a Zoom meeting, please visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-meeting. This page contains a training video as well as device-specific and browser-specific instructions for joining a Zoom meeting.
- The Zoom Help Center (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us) contains other instructional and troubleshooting topics.
Before Zoom Hearings
- Connect your device to power and make sure your Internet connection is working.
- Test your audio and video.
- Please silence devices which may make noise (e.g., telephones, cell phones, messaging alerts, and email alerts).
- Participants may conduct a Zoom test meeting at https://zoom.us/test.